Thirst Creative is looking for an experienced full-time Studio Manager to join our Carlton studio. As the champion of office culture, the Studio Manager must be someone who thrives in a constantly changing and creative work environment.
We are looking for an exceptional people-person who can motivate a team and keep the studio humming along each and every day.
- Driven, strategic, motivated and always striving for more!
- Positive! We need someone with a can-do attitude, ready to roll up their sleeves and get involved
- Excellent under pressure and can lead others to get the best results
- An agile, critical thinker and natural problem solver
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
Reporting to the Managing Director this role is responsible for culture, productivity, and quality. Part of the Management team, you will work closely with Account Managers to schedule resources across the studio, keeping the team and clients happy while maintaining the KPIs for business-wide performance. Our culture is really important to us so we are looking for a confident and caring people-person who has a knack for reading people, knowing their strengths and navigating the needs of all stakeholders, ensuring a positive experience for our team and our clients.
Key responsibilities, can you see yourself …..
- Managing daily resourcing and traffic management, including running a daily stand up for the team.
- Championing the continuous improvement culture and applying our learnings (striving for better solutions is in our DNA)!
- Overseeing project schedules and budgets.
- Weekly forecasts and reporting.
- Overseeing day-to-day internal HR.
- Leading the learning and development program for the team of 15 people, working with Managers on each team members growth plan.
Key selection criteria, do you have …..
- A minimum of 3 years of agency experience in a Studio Manager or similar role.
- Exemplary project and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong financial acumen and budget management a must.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with agency work processes.
- Strong understanding of design, marketing and/or digital process including print production, web development and hosting.
- Tech savvy with experience with Google products, CRM software, Project Management software (ie, Podio, Trello, Slack, Accelo or similar), Microsoft packages, Adobe CS and Adobe Acrobat in addition to a general understanding of Mac hardware.
- HR Management experience also desirable but not essential.
What’s on offer?
- The opportunity to work in a leadership position in a growing agency.
- Convenient Carlton office location near public transport, just off Lygon Street.
- Modern premises with great atmosphere and fun working environment.
- A collaborative environment full of diverse and highly skilled awesome people.
- A true commitment to work/life balance, we work hard, we deliver and we do it knowing we value life outside of work too.
- Competitive salary along with an attractive employee benefits program, including a commitment to professional development, team and individual incentives, volunteer day.
- Colleagues with a social and sustainable mindset.
Creating amazing projects for over 11 years, Thirst Creative is a full-service marketing, brand, design and digital agency based in Carlton. A 2018 Anthill Cool Company Awards finalist, Thirst is all about striving for more and staying one step ahead in our field. Every day our powerhouse team of designers, strategists and developers collaborate to realise our clients business goals and deliver more than expected. We are lucky enough to work across a broad range of industries from health, sport, FMCG, professional services, not-for-profit, property and government.
To apply for this role email your resume and cover letter to Angela Harbinson firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants based in Melbourne only, must have working rights and must meet the skills and experience outlined above. No recruiters please.