Thirst Creative is looking for an experienced Marketing Strategist with 5 years of marketing management and/or consulting experience working across branding, communications, new product development and marketing strategy. An inquisitive spirit, creative problem solver and meticulous planner – you’re a confident and compelling communicator who can inspire clients and team-mates to achieve more.
Thirst Creative is a marketing, brand, design and digital agency based in Carlton. Our reputation for transformative strategic work is growing and we are now looking for an experienced strategist to join our formidable team.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy, this role is responsible for researching, conceptualising, planning and leading strategic projects for our clients. You’ll be comfortable with complexity and embrace the unknown with a fearless and contagious entrepreneurial spirit to drive projects to achieve successful outcomes.
You’ll be accountable for the management and delivery of your client projects, working closely with other strategists, the accounts team, creatives and digital specialists to deliver exceptional work. Relationships are one of the key reasons our business has grown over the last 12 years and we surround ourselves with those who live and breathe our values.
- Conceptualising and delivering branding, communications, product development and marketing strategic projects from research through to rollout.
- Nurture and identify new business opportunities
- Delivering workshops and upskilling
- Outlining clear proposals, cost estimates and delivering compelling pitches
- KPI, Goal setting and ROI reporting and analysis
- Managing project schedules, setting milestones and budgets
- Client management and relationship nurturing
- Weekly reporting to Head of Strategy
- Coaching junior strategists to support delivery
- Planning and managing project team resources with the Studio Manager
- Budget estimations, tracking and reconciling
- Embrace our “level up learning” culture with innovation and attitude towards continuous improvement.
Key selection criteria
- 3-5 years of consulting or Marketing Manager experience
- Exemplary strategic marketing experience
- Experience working with B2B and B2C clients across a range of industries
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong financial acumen
- Outstanding time management and priority-setting skills
- Remarkable communication and presentation skills
- Comfort with agency work processes e.g timesheeting, working within budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Confident in Google Suite, CRM software, Project Management software (experience with Streamtime and Trello are a bonus), Microsoft packages, Adobe CS and Adobe Acrobat in addition to a general understanding of Mac hardware
- Marketing automation (Sharpspring) experience a bonus
- Digital Marketing and Digital Strategy experience is also a bonus but not essential
What’s on offer
- The opportunity to work with a range of clients on some very compelling projects
- Convenient and cool Carlton location near public transport, just off Lygon Street
- Modern premises with great atmosphere and inclusive, fun work culture
- Collaborative environment full of diverse, highly-skilled awesome people
- Be a key part of an exciting, growing business
- A satisfying work/life balance
- 1 day a year to volunteer with a charity of your choice!
- 5% on top of your salary devoted to your personal professional development and training.
Creating amazing projects for over 12 years, Thirst Creative is a full-service marketing, brand, design and digital agency based in Carlton. A 2018 Anthill Cool Company Awards and 2019 My Business Awards “Workplace of the Year finalist”, Thirst is all about striving for more and staying one step ahead in our field. Every day our powerhouse team of designers, strategists and developers collaborate to realise our clients business goals and deliver more than expected. We are lucky enough to work across a broad range of industries from health, sport, FMCG, professional services, not-for-profit, property and government.
Applicants must be based in Melbourne, must have working rights and meet the skills and experience outlined above.
No recruiters please. Successful candidates will be contacted.