Do you live and breathe all things marketing? Does clever thinking, problem-solving and innovation excite you? Are you passionate about customers and the experience they have with a brand? Can you lead and foster a team? Then you might be reading about your next career move.
Thirst Creative is a marketing, brand and digital agency looking for an experienced Head of Marketing Strategy to join our Carlton studio and lead a team of four.
A natural storyteller, you’ll have the presence to engage a room and the ability to sell the vision to clients as well as your team. You’re able to identify a problem or an opportunity and define a market leading solution. You will be confident in scoping and pulling together pricing strategies for marketing projects, and you’re a good team player who can work and lead in our collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is responsible for developing marketing strategies to meet the business needs of our ever-growing client base of mid-market clients. You’ll be accountable for the overall project management of our clients and ensuring your team are exceeding expectations. No two days will be the same, so an ability to multi-task and reprioritise is important. A solid understanding of the design and digital industry will be highly regarded along with practical experience on below the line campaigns and demonstrating ROI.
- Lead the strategic direction for new business pitches and pricing strategy for marketing projects and full integrated campaigns
- Define and scope creative solutions
- Create compelling stories that demonstrate innovative thought and technical understanding
- Nurture and identify new business opportunities within the existing client base
- Engage and grow the team, imparting best practice methodologies
- ROI reporting and analysis
- Manage project schedules and budgets
- Responsible for gross profit margin targets for the department
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement culture across the team
- Lead a team whilst having a willingness to get in and get your hands dirty on projects
Your skill set and experience should demonstrate practical experience in an agency environment.
Key selection criteria
- Minimum of 8 years in a marketing or digital agency role
- Proven experience in a strategic marketing role
- Experience working with B2B and B2C clients across a range of industries
- A natural storyteller and confident presenter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong financial acumen with pricing strategies and budget setting
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Outstanding time management and priority-setting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with agency work processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Experience with project management & CRM tools (Trello, JIRA, Confluence, Podio, Excel)
- CMS experience
- Strong digital knowledge
- Marketing automation experience
What’s on offer?
- The opportunity to work in a leadership position in a growing agency
- An attractive salary package with a generous employee benefits program, including professional development, team and individual incentives and a paid volunteer day
- Modern premises in Carlton, near public transport
- Flexible and collaborative environment full of diverse and highly skilled awesome people
- A chance to be a key part of an exciting, growing business with a purpose
- A real commitment to work/life balance
Creating amazing projects for over 11 years, Thirst Creative is a marketing, brand and digital agency based in Carlton. A 2018 Anthill Cool Company Awards finalist, Thirst is all about striving for more and staying one step ahead in our field. Every day our powerhouse team of designers, strategists and developers collaborate to realise our clients business goals and deliver more than expected. We are lucky enough to work across a broad range of industries from health, sport, FMCG, professional services, not-for-profit, property and government.
To apply for this role follow to link and upload your resume and a cover letter to Angela Harbinson. Applicants must have working rights and must meet the skills and experience outlined above. No recruiters please.