Thirst Creative is a multi-disciplinary strategy, branding, design and digital agency based in Carlton. Everyday, our powerhouse team of designers, strategists and developers collaborate with each other to understand and realise our clients’ business goals.
We currently have an exciting role available for an experienced Front End Developer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience under their belt, with an ability to take completed designs and bring them to life using CSS and HTML. In this role, strong front-end development skills are essential, you must be able to develop custom responsive sites that seamlessly integrate with market leading plugins and APIs. Our agency primarily works with WordPress but experience across other platforms including Drupal, Craft, Magento and Shopify will be highly regarded. This is a key role for the business with a view to lead a small team of front-end developers in future. This role requires excellent time management and communication skills, as you will work alongside the design and digital marketing team, implementing the development of all projects. This is an autonomous development role.
- 3+ years experience in a digital studio or working in a development role;
- Experience with decoupled CMS implementation, including:
- Rest APIs
- Solid knowledge of WordPress and creating custom templates;
- Intermediate knowledge of PHP / MySQL;
- Browser testing for platforms (Mac / PC/ IOS / Android);
- Understanding of Google Analytics and SEO;
- Passion for modern web design and coding best practices;
- An excellent communicator.
What’s on offer
- The opportunity to work with a range of clients from SMEs to enterprise across a broad range of industries from health, sport, food, professional services, not for profit, construction and government;
- Convenient Carlton office location near public transport, just off Lygon street;
- Modern premises with great atmosphere and fun working environment;
- Work among a driven team and be a part of an exciting growing organisation;
- A focus on work/life balance with team support.
At Thirst we are strong believers of giving back;
- to our community and clients with pro bono projects;
- to our staff with a Professional Development Program, flexible work hours, social events, team and individual incentive programs plus a volunteer day dedicated to giving back to the community;
- to the environment with socially responsible employment initiatives and resources management.
To apply for this role email your resume and cover letter including links to active sites to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants based in Melbourne only, must have working rights and must meet the skills and experience outlined above.