Thirst Creative is looking for an experienced Design Director with strong brand and presentation skills. An inquisitive spirit, creative problem solver and a passion for all things brand – you’re a confident and compelling communicator who can inspire clients and team-mates to achieve more.
Thirst Creative is a marketing, brand, design and digital agency based in Carlton. Our reputation for transformative strategic work is growing and we are now looking for an experienced Design Director to join our formidable team.
Reporting to the Creative Director, this role is responsible for conceptualisation and implementation of branding projects, running presentation workshops with our clients and mentoring the design team. You’ll be comfortable with complexity and embrace the unknown with a creative spirit to drive projects to achieve successful outcomes.
You’ll be accountable for overseeing the design direction of creative projects, working closely with strategists, the account management team, digital specialists and others within the design team to deliver exceptional work. Relationships are one of the key reasons our business has grown over the last 12 years and we surround ourselves with those who live and breathe our values.
- Strong creative conceptualisation skills, bringing our clients branding to the next level
- Deliver workshops and pitches to clients
- Experience in both print and digital with a strong portfolio
- Championing best practice branding principles within the team
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally
- Understand the brand personality, guidelines, translating clients needs
- Creating concepts from start to finish
- Work within a team and autonomously
- Mentor, supervise, support and challenge the creative team by introducing new methods of execution
- Establish creative strategy, budgets & schedules for projects with the key account team
- High level of experience in Adobe Creative Suite
Key selection criteria
- 7+ years experience in branding and as a Senior Designer, Art Director or Design Director
- Strong portfolio showcasing branding experience
- Excellent communication skills within a team and client-facing experience
- Engaging presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take a creative brief and execute as per the client needs
What’s on offer
- The opportunity to work with a range of clients on some very compelling projects
- Great Carlton location near public transport, just off Lygon Street
- Modern premises with great atmosphere and inclusive, fun work culture
- A collaborative environment full of diverse, highly-skilled awesome people
- Be a key part of an exciting, growing business
- A satisfying work/life balance
- 1 day a year to volunteer with a charity of your choice!
- 5% on top of your salary devoted to your personal professional development and training.
Creating amazing projects for over 12 years, Thirst Creative is a full-service marketing, brand, design and digital agency based in Carlton. A 2019 My Business Workplace of the Year Finalist and 2018 Anthill Cool Company Awards finalist, Thirst is all about striving for more and staying one step ahead in our field. Every day our powerhouse team of designers, strategists and developers collaborate to realise our clients business goals and deliver more than expected. We are lucky enough to work across a broad range of industries from health, sport, FMCG, professional services, not-for-profit, property and government.
Apply for this role online by attaching your resume, folio and cover letter addressed to Ben Harbinson via this link. Applicants must be based in Melbourne, must have working rights and meet the skills and experience outlined above.
No recruiters please. Successful candidates will be contacted.