We’re looking for an experienced copywriter to join our growing team. Equal-parts writer, strategist and people-person, you’ve got a rich history of success across ads, social media, blogging, long / short form and you pride yourself on being able to spot a typo with your eyes closed.
Thirst Creative is a marketing, brand, design and digital agency based in Carlton. Our reputation for transformative strategic work is growing and we are now looking for an experienced Copywriter to join our creative team.
You’ll be responsible for conceptualising, writing and developing high quality creative content for a range of clients, including Thirst Creative.
This role requires a skilled copywriter who is highly experienced in writing in a range of voices and styles. You’ll work closely with our account manager, strategists, creatives and digital team to deliver results that make our clients shine and that you can be proud of.
- Responding to briefs for copywriting tasks delivering copy across long form, short form, ad, bios, blogs, case studies, digital channels, SEO and PR
- Ability to adopt and write to various Tones of Voice
- Working to tight timeframes and deadlines
- Attention to detail and Proofreading
- Collaborating with other members of the marketing, digital and creative teams on ideas and campaign concepts and participating in pitches
- Embrace our “Level Up” learning culture through innovation and continuous professional development
Key selection criteria
3+ years professional experience as a copywriter or in a related role.
A talent for concise, clear and compelling storytelling that aligns to established brand goals and tone of voice.
Highly creative, innovative and imaginative with very strong attention to detail.
Excellent, persuasive verbal and written communication skills (English).
Efficient desktop research skills, and an ability to learn about and channel customer personas in your work.
Familiarity with agency work processes and systems.
A strong understanding of SEO and digital copywriting.
Experience working with B2B and B2C clients across a range of industry verticals
A natural team player, a positive collaborator and a growth mindset.
What's on offer
The opportunity to work with a range of clients on some very compelling projects
Great Carlton location near public transport, just off Lygon Street
A collaborative environment full of diverse, highly-skilled awesome people
Be a key part of an exciting, growing business
A satisfying work/life balance
1 day a year to volunteer with a charity of your choice!
5% on top of your salary devoted to your personal professional development and training
To seal the deal
Thirst Creative is a full-service marketing, brand, design and digital agency based amongst the mecca of coffee and wine in Carlton. We believe in our people first. We’re good honest hard working folk who value our work life balance. We like to have fun and enjoy taking advantage of the night life around our office. We offer a flexible and remote working environment, a Professional Development and Training budget, paid volunteer day and we have a clear and strong set of values that we are very proud of;
- Amplifying Potential (We are positive innovators)
- Synchronicity (We got your back)
- A Culture of Care (We support each other so we can win together)
- Think Excellence (Quality is important to us)
- Level Up (We support you in courses with $ and hours)
Apply for this role online by attaching your resume and cover letter addressed to Michelle Jones. Applicants must be based in Melbourne, must have working rights and meet the skills and experience outlined above.
No recruiters please.