We’re looking for an experienced and creative content writer and producer to take on a brand new role as Content Marketing Specialist! Equal-parts creative, strategist and people-person, you’ve got a rich history of success across social media, blogging, advertising and email marketing and you pride yourself on delivering high-quality work on time and on budget.
Thirst Creative is a marketing, brand, design and digital agency based in the best part of Carlton. We’re seeking to add to our growing, dynamic team with a star wordsmith and creative instigator – hopefully that’s you!
Reporting to the Head of Strategy, the Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for conceptualising, writing and developing high quality creative content for a range of clients, including Thirst Creative. You’ll take full ownership of your output and will be responsible for planning, producing, managing and measuring the impact of your marketing projects from concept to finished output. The professional and creative growth opportunities within this role are endless!
This role requires a skilled, creative who is highly experienced in writing in a range of voices and styles and a proactive producer who can manage all aspects of social media. You’ll work closely with other strategists, specialists, designers and developers to deliver results that makes our clients shine and that you can be proud of.
- Managing the content strategy, development and delivery for Thirst Creative and its clients.
- Conceptualising, researching, writing, producing and editing high-quality output across all media and channels.
- Managing projects and client relationships, including working to tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Planning and managing with available resources, estimating projects and negotiating start and completion times with the Studio Manager.
- Collaborating with other members of the marketing, digital and creative teams on ideas and campaign concepts and participating in pitches.
- Manage client satisfaction,post-delivery and ROI reports on work delivered.
- Coordinate social media, advertising and marketing initiatives to promote the agency.
- Embrace our “Level Up” learning culture through innovation and continuous professional development.
Key selection criteria
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, PR, Professional Writing. Marketing or similar discipline; or significant professional experience in these disciplines.
- 3+ years professional experience in creating a wide range of results-driven content, (e.g. long-form SEO content, social media posts, blogs, EDMs, brochures, case studies, video and podcast scripts etc) for a wide range of platforms and audiences.
- A talent for concise, clear and compelling storytelling that aligns to established brand goals and tone of voice.
- Highly creative, innovative and imaginative with very strong attention to detail.
- Excellent, persuasive verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Efficient desktop research skills, and an ability to learn about and channel customer personas in your work.
- Outstanding time management and priority-setting skills.
- Familiarity with agency work processes and systems.
- A strong understanding of SEO and digital copywriting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google’s G-Suite.
- Experience working with B2B and B2C clients across a range of industry verticals.
- Proficiency with social media platforms, CMS, content planning and scheduling tools.
- Experience with marketing automation experience a bonus.
- A natural team player, a positive collaborator and a growth mindset.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please attach a resume and detailed cover letter outlining your interest and fit for this amazing opportunity. Please reference the core responsibilities and key criteria in this job ad in your response and address your application to Tony Lee via firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruiters please.
Learn more about how we we work at thirstcreative.com.au